Leeds United LUFC Forum
Click the login button to go to the login page.

Click the register button to become a member.

To automatically login, click the stay logged in button.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Leeds United LUFC Forum
Click the login button to go to the login page.

Click the register button to become a member.

To automatically login, click the stay logged in button.
Leeds United LUFC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Leeds United LUFC Forum

Leeds United football and chat forum for Leeds United supporters everywhere. Casual/friendly chat views opinions in a non abusive Leeds United forum room.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General chat room.

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1General chat room. Empty General chat room. Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:18 pm

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

Welcome to the Leeds Lovers general chat forum.....Everyone and anyone is welcome.
Please read the Forum rules. The Forum Rules are for the benefit of everyone.

Admin

Last edited by LeedsLover on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:10 am; edited 24 times in total

https://leedsunited.forumotion.com

2General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:25 am

lufcuk

lufcuk

Cheers Mucker, looks like I'm first.

I like your stance on freedom of speech etc, it's what made me sign up.

With the PL season not far away let's hope others sign up....  Thumbs up ok Done

3General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:23 am

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

Welcome to Forum lufc, feel free to post and comment without feeling like you're walking on rice paper.

A new season, a new start, especially in PL, it's going to be a whole new ball game.

We're certainly going to see who can hack it in PL, and who are Championship players.... Thumbs up ok Done

4General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:58 pm

lufcuk

lufcuk

LeedsLover wrote:Welcome to Forum lufc, feel free to post and comment without feeling like you're walking on rice paper.

A new season, a new start, especially in PL, it's going to be a whole new ball game.

We're certainly going to see who can hack it in PL, and who are Championship players.... Thumbs up ok Done

It's great the new seasons in PL, agree about some of our players not cutting it in PL. Not sure Bamford will cut mustard in PL tbh, he misses to many chances imo. Don't think some other players will make the grade either, I think MB is thinking along same lines with all players he's interested in bringing in, let's hope they're up to scratch.

Can't wait for season to start. I think we'll see early in first few games who's good enough to play in PL but it sure feels great to back in Prem playing the bigger teams again.

Right leedslover, I'm off to work, on rotating shifts for a few weeks, talk later. Thumbs up ok Done

5General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:11 pm

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

Have to admit lufc, I nearly dropped a tear in my Cider during last game and watching celebrations, it was brilliant to watch and a brilliant feeling.

Can't help thinking about what may happen when we do play the bigger teams, hopefully we don't meet'em till after we've managed to play some of the lower teams, time to warm up and bed in so to speak.

A reminder of how we got back to Prem..... General chat room. 2285985909

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8zO3Fzz5Xo&t=330s

6General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:35 am

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

Don't know if you've seen this lufc, this is Ben Whites own video compilation on his own instagram account.

I got a funny feeling Brighton are going to succumb.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEEdJ1MhTmr/?utm_source=ig_embed

7General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:55 am

lufcuk

lufcuk

LeedsLover wrote:Don't know if you've seen this lufc, this is Ben Whites own video compilation on his own instagram account.

I got a funny feeling Brighton are going to succumb.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEEdJ1MhTmr/?utm_source=ig_embed

Sleep not been up long, long afternoon and evening last night LeedsLover.

A short video showing just how valuable he was to Leeds last season, and how much we'll miss him if Brighton stay stubborn.

Obviously Ben wants to come back, he put that video together himself didn't he?

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

A Liverpool v Leeds first game score prediction poll added at top of page.

What is your score prediction?..... Thumbs up ok Done

9General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:51 am

lufcuk

lufcuk

Ay'up LL.

I tell you what, this shift change's shaking me up a bit.

I'm reading there might be a glimmer of hope of still getting Ben White, hope so, he was a good cog in Bielsa's defense set up.

I'm going to wait to see who Bielsa brings into first team before making my prediction. I'm inclined to agree with 2-1, or maybe 2-0 at moment.

I'm off LL, I'm absolutely ravenous. I could eat a Liverpool team tween 2 Leeds bread vans at moment. Laughing

LeedsLover likes this post

10General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:38 pm

lufcuk

lufcuk

ay'up LL, how are you.

Just been reading about Corberan wanting a couple of youngsters on loan, he seems to have Gotts already and is after Struijk. Struijk did a great job filling in for Phillips towards arse end of last season and a definite one for near future, what you reckon LL?

11General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:44 pm

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

lufcuk wrote:ay'up LL, how are you.

Just been reading about Corberan wanting a couple of youngsters on loan, he seems to have Gotts already and is after Struijk. Struijk did a great job filling in for Phillips towards arse end of last season and a definite one for near future, what you reckon LL?
Hey'up Lufcuk,

Read that too, Gotts has already gone. Struijk is too good to send out on loan, Bielsa likes a small squad and I think Struijk will be part of that squad. I like the looks of Struijk, agile, confident on ball, likes to be creative, pushes forward with ball and is a good defender. I think he's going to break into first team this season if Bielsa doesn't bring someone in to push him down pecking order.

Promise of first team football at udders might be tempting for him though. Thumbs up ok Done

12General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:17 pm

lufcuk

lufcuk

Afternoon LL, just a quick comment before I bugger off to work.

I think Bielsa's cutting it close in bringing a few players in, not heard of any first team signings yet, unless it's a secret. First game's 12 Sept, with maybe 1 or 2 friendlies first, at this rate any new signings won't be playing till nearly Xmas, mind you, just in time for Man U game.  Thumbs up ok Done

13General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:32 am

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

Seems to happen every transfer window with Leeds, we're linked with everyone but nothings happening.

If we manage to get Koch, he needs to be better than Ben White, or at least on par, anything less and the fans will see it, transfers are a waiting game with Leeds, I think they like waiting till last minute. Wink

I've been looking through the Leeds Now News site, not much to get excited about just yet.

14General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:00 am

lufcuk

lufcuk

LeedsLover wrote:Seems to happen every transfer window with Leeds, we're linked with everyone but nothings happening.

If we manage to get Koch, he needs to be better than Ben White, or at least on par, anything less and the fans will see it, transfers are a waiting game with Leeds, I think they like waiting till last minute. Wink

I've been looking through the Leeds Now News site, not much to get excited about just yet.

As you know LL this is Leeds United, we don't do things easy way.

Koch looks more and more likely, Cabral is in Bielsas sights and getting closer, but so are other players according to media, even Koch could end up falling through at this stage. Robinson has said we could be in trouble if we don't sign a decent striker, I agree with him, PL is too big for Bamford, Harrison and Costa imo.

Potters said White ain't for sale at any price to Leeds, he doesn't want to help strengthen a PL opponent, which means he's not for sale to anyone in PL. Potters going to upset White, White should put in a transfer request..........Can't see Potter lasting much longer at Brighton, his attitude is all wonky. Thumbs up ok Done

15General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:36 pm

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

lufcuk wrote:

As you know LL this is Leeds United, we don't do things easy way.

Koch looks more and more likely, Cabral is in Bielsas sights and getting closer, but so are other players according to media, even Koch could end up falling through at this stage. Robinson has said we could be in trouble if we don't sign a decent striker, I agree with him, PL is too big for Bamford, Harrison and Costa imo.

Potters said White ain't for sale at any price to Leeds, he doesn't want to help strengthen a PL opponent, which means he's not for sale to anyone in PL. Potters going to upset White, White should put in a transfer request..........Can't see Potter lasting much longer at Brighton, his attitude is all wonky. Thumbs up ok Done

Afternoon Lufcuk, I'm presuming you're getting ready for work.

I'm inclined to agree with you about Potter, I don't think he actually knows what he's doing or saying. Bielsa trains and improves White no end and he treats us like crap, I'm thinking he's holding a grudge from way back.

Don't know what you think of Bamford, but here he is giving the black power salute before a game. First time he did it I thought he's become a snowflake, then I thought no, he's telling someone how high to raise the crossbar. If ever there was a twat who made himself look like a twat it's that twat. Mind you, so did Phillips and Roberts and the other idiots kneeling to BLM. Some of mixed parents are shunning their white side, they must believe they're black.....The mind boggles.
lol!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ecfyr3ZX0AEWcFn.jpg

16General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:13 am

lufcuk

lufcuk

Morning LL,

Don't get me started on BLM and Antifa, the quicker they disappear the quicker life gets back to normal, they're fading fast now anyway.

We got our first singing over line, Rodrigo. Videos look fairly impressive, but every players does. I suspect he may be thrown in for our first friendly against Stoke. Still need more signings though, I'd say about another 3 at least, 5 would be better but can't see 5 happening.

Not every players going to cut it in PL, who do we have to replace if some don't, 64 million dollar question at moment. I'd say we need to avoid going straight back down then bring in some new blood once we've been in PL for a season. There's going to be some disappointed players, but if they don't cut it, they don't cut it, we can't pick'em just cos they were part of team that got us promoted, teams don't succeed on fans emotions alone. Thumbs up ok Done

17General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:32 am

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

Morning lufcuk,

Was just finishing some stuff on SL, it's a virtual world called secondlife, anything you can do in real life you can do in SL.

Saw we got Rodrigo over line, reports say he's a centre forward/striker, so I suspect Bamfords position is up for grabs. Most fans know and acknowledge we need a stronger goal worthy striker and Rodrigo just might be it, I reckon that's why Bielsa brought him in, he's probably recognised Bamford as one of those who won't make it, I got to agree with Bielsa there.

There's a few others I don't think will make it, or will give way once we get other players in during Jan transfer window. As far as forwards go, not sure Harrison and Costa will make it either, they might do ok against a couple of teams, but there's a lot of top teams in PL with good defenders too.

To top it off, we're going to find out if Bielsa's plan A only is going to work in PL, can't see it myself, too many good coaches in PL. Thumbs up ok Done

18General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:38 am

lufcuk

lufcuk

I saw that picture of Bamford, and seen him do it during games too, he looked like he didn't really know what he was doing it for.

Agree about Bielsa, this is a new level for him, hopefully he comes to realise he's going to have to have other tactics up his sleeve if Bielsa ball isn't working, there's some very good coaches in top 8 to 10 teams in PL.

19General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:40 pm

LeedsLover

LeedsLover
Admin

So lufc,

Rodrigo signed, Koch on verge of signing (hopefully no hindrances) but Cabral a no starter due to his Swiss club wanting more money, and White is dead and buried, yep, typical Leeds transfer saga.

Let's hope Koch is as good as, or better than White and Rodrigo finds back of net more than 16 times during season; if he's as good as Bielsa thinks he is, he should be around 15/16 goals after 20 to 25 matches with other players chippin in. I can't help thinking we'll be struggling a bit, not badly, but we'll struggle with a lot of games. Going to be a big test for Kiko or Meslier. Thumbs up ok Done

20General chat room. Empty Re: General chat room. Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:18 pm

lufcuk

lufcuk

ay'up LL,

How was ya w/e, I had a somewhat quiet Saturday, caught up on my kip, but Sunday went out for day with friends. We did a bit of a pub crawl from country pub to country pub, was a great day.

So Koch has signed up thank God, being a CB short was getting a bit worrying. Gonzales is a no starter apparently, and Rodrigo De Paul is the other big name Bielsa is after, and he may pull it off. De Paul is a playmaker playing CM, but can play several other positions too, it'll be a coup if Bielsa pulls that one off.

Off to work LL, tra. Thumbs up ok Done

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum